Moist & delicious!
This is a recipe I found by a vegan/vegetarian blogger (I have searched long for her link to put in here with no success as I follow a lot of bloggers)
Her recipe included ingredients which I do not use as… sugar/rice syrup for me, oil/olive or sesame for me, coconut milk/soy or spelt for me, so I just translated it into my “language”.
I love easy recipes which do not include electrical appliances & ingredients all houses have so I do not need to go out running to find them & this one fitted my criteria.
I was taking time off the blog but this is the exception… I find it important to share a quick-cheap-&-easy recipe that could help others.
Chocolate oozing out…
1. 3 1/2 cups wholewheat flour
2. 1 1/2 cup pure cocoa (you can use carob powder instead but it’s not as strong a flavor or coffee if you want to change it to a coffee flavored cake)
3. 2 cups rice syrup (sugar for some)
4. 2 tsp. baking powder
5. 400 ml = 13.53 fl. ounces soy milk (spelt or coconut for some)
6. 1 cup oil (olive,sesame any of your choice)
7. 1/4 cup of rum
8. 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar (optional)
9. 2 tbsp. shredded coconut to sprinkle on top (optional)
10. A few pieces of unsweetened chocolate to put in the muffins (optional)
Ready for oven
1. Put the dry ingredients in a bowl, mix then add the liquid ingredients (I did not have apple cider vinegar so I did not use it)
2. You can be creative & make muffins out of it as I did, with pieces of chocolate tucked in the middle if you want it fancy, a flat or high cake with or without shredded coconut on top or anything else that tickles your imagination 🙂
It’s as simple as that!
3. Put in a preheated oven on 170 degrees Celsius = 338 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 mn (muffins)
& about 30 mn for the cake as it has more dough.
I’m including below photos of the cakes & of the unsweetened 100% natural chocolate if you want to make your own research to purchase it.
With coconut on top
Enjoy it preferably accompanied by your loved ones around a log fire 😉
Now, it’s my imagination running…
Where’s my cup of tea?
See the melted chocolate?