This biscuit dough can be used for any pie you wish to bake, it’s a very easy biscuit recipe and comes out delicious.
I’ll give you the non natural version ( for those interested ) with a vanilla cream too, to give you the option of making the sandwich style.
It’s going to be long but then you have five recipes including the chocolate glazing.
P.S I made too batches of dough, to be able to show you the wholemeal and white version.
Ingredients of white & wholewheat Spelt Biscuit dough
1. 5 cups of white Spelt flour ( 6 1/2 for wholemeal )
2. 1-2 tsp baking powder
3. 150 ml = 0.31 US pint rice syrup, honey or other sweetener
4. 1 cup olive, sesame or any other oil
5. 1/2 cup hot water
6. 1 pinch of salt + 1 pinch of cinnamon
Roll out dough, shape it to the form I used or any one of your liking.
Put the biscuits on a paper baking sheet on a baking oven tray, put in
a preheated oven for 15 mn on 120 Degree Celsius = 248 Degree Fahrenheit.
Let it cool.
Carob glazing Recipe ( Natural Chocolate substitute )
1. 250 gm = 8.82 oz margarine ( not that healthy in my opinion at least but there’s no way out of this one 🙂 )
2. 1/2 cup rice syrup or other
3. 10 heaped Tbsp carob powder ( tried with less but I couldn’t get a consistency )
Heat on very low fire until melted, with syrup and carob, take off fire, mix with electric mixer or it won’t be a smooth texture,
dip half of biscuit in, let it cool.
You can put chocolate between two biscuits in a sandwich style. Let it cool in fridge or freezer, can store in either.
Regular biscuit dough recipe
1. 1 kg = 2.20 lb flour
2. 6 eggs
3. 2 pt baking powder of 20 gm = 0.7 oz each
4. 2 1/2 cup sugar
5. 2 pt vanilla sugar of 10 gm = 0.35 oz each
6. 2 pt of margarine of 250 gm = 8.81 oz each
Mix together in your electric mixer and follow the same
method as for the natural recipe.
1. 1 pt of chocolate ( regular size )
2. 2-3 Tbsp oil
Plain & crunchy
Same as with carob glazing without the need to mix it.
This recipe will just be smoother looking and the biscuits,
Vanilla or chocolate cookie filling
1. 3/4 cup butter or margarine
2. 2 cup icing sugar
3. 1 tsp vanilla sugar
4. 1 egg
5. 2-3 drops coloring ( optional )
6. flavor of your choice and to your taste ( stronger or lighter ) choc, vanilla or coffee
Cream-sandwich or single-dipped in chocolate
Beat butter, gradually add icing sugar then vanilla, egg until light and fluffy.
Add coloring if you wish.
Take two biscuits, spread on one, stick the other on, enjoy ! 🙂
P.S I’m sorry I didn’t include the regular recipe photos but I do it so seldom,
there’s never an opportunity to take the photos.
I have updated two other posts in oa category and there’s three more left to complete the
updating of that whole section!!