I’d like to inaugurate my new category with a first recipe!
” Natural recipes ” will contain anything from natural granola bars to self-made
natural cosmetics. The idea came up, today, when my kids demanded our classical
granola recipe. It was so easy and the ingredient so simple…
Those recipes come naturally to me because I’m so familiar with them so, why not give
some pleasure to those around by posting it?
When I say natural, I mean totally clean and free from, coloring, sugar, margarine…
So, I hope you’ll enjoy this new project of mine and let me know if you ventured
into the realization of those recipes.
I’ll introduce you now to the famous granola recipe.
Granola bar recipe ( You can cut the amounts in half )
1. 3 cups of rolled oats ( whichever size you have stick to the same cup throughout the recipe )
2. 1 cup wheat germs ( or, rough Spelt flower or, any type if you don’t mind it less natural )
3. 1 cup roasted or raw sunflower seeds
4. 1/2 cup raw or roasted sesame seeds
5. 1/2 shredded coconut
6. 1/4 cup of oil ( it can even be olive oil, I use extra virgin and no one feels anything )
7. 1/2 cup apple juice unsweetened, ( it is available in all the stores everywhere I imagine )
8. 1 cup raisins
9. 2 cups rice syrup ( or golden syrup, honey, any natural sweetener you have )
Optional: Cinnamon ( just sprinkle overall )
Optional: Ginger powder ( but I don’t use it )
All ingredients I use are usually organic.
Mix it well in a bowl, put in a flat oven tray with paper baking sheet on ( 2 cm deep = 0.78 inch, 30 cm wide = 11.08 inches, 40 cm long = 15.74 inches ) flatten it with the spoon and put in the oven for 30 minutes on 170 Degrees Celsius or 338 Degrees Fahrenheit ( without heating it beforehand ) after 30-40 mn ( 40 mn is crunchier, 30 mn might be too soft for some, try and see what is to your liking 🙂 ) take it out, cut carefully with sharp knife immediately or it’ll brake,
let it cool, it’ll harden as it loses its heat. My photos are made of a double recipe as I find it keeps very well in a plastic box.