I am back but… there’s always a but isn’t there 🙂
Seriously, repairing a laptop means I am losing skydrive in my favorites which makes it impossible to retrieve photos so I needed the help of a connoisseur who would figure out the intricacies of our obscure (in my eyes at least!) world of technology.
I am still not completely out of the woods, my laptop is not one hundred percent up to its previous state of work but it’s faster & functioning better the rest are details which I hope will slowly get looked after with a lot of patience from my part & those always coming to my rescue!
Thanks for your patience, sticking with me through thick & thin, your commiseration & support through the likes & comments all along.
I will be posting hopefully today, a poem that I’ve been working on while all this was happening…
Tag Archives: gratitude toward my followers
I am back but… there’s always a but isn’t there 🙂
I’ll be taking a break from posting for two weeks to come back with the oomph for more!
My appreciation goes to all my followers, for the time they take to like & comment,
without you this blog wouldn’t have been possible.
When I think of the moment I published my first post & got my first like shortly after…
the feeling was indescribable, I couldn’t believe that someone was out there seeing my
first painting “The lioness” in my “Hello world” first page.
I feel very honored & privileged to come back with three awards in a row given so generously from
Every time I get an award I’m as delighted as the first & surprised that bloggers would think my blog worthy of the tittles showered upon.
I’ll always be very grateful for this show of trust so, thank you to all who have until now believed in my work!
So, now for the lighthouse award I will share three ways I like to help people…
1. I like to lend an ear & find together with the person a practical solution to her dilemma.
2. Feel very honored to help a sweet old lady in the store when she picks me out of the crowd to help her with the smaller writings on a product.
3. And last but not least, as I consider my kids to be people too that come first on my list of priorities I want to be there for them 24/7 in case they need me.
Now, for the very inspiring blogger award seven trivial things about me… Mmm, that might be hard 🙂
1. I worry more than I should… but music can be the escape
2. I believe life should be far less complicated than we make it
3. I’d like things to sail smoothly but reality hits every time to remind me it’s breathing & alive 😉
4. I’d love to be surrounded by nature day in day out
5. I think it’s of utmost importance to appreciate every moment of the day but don’t always manage to
6. A very good joke is very hard to find & when you do it does the world of good
7. A good Macrobiotic restaurant is something I dream of
And the nominees are…
1. http://ladybluerose.wordpress.com/ A most precious blogger
2. http://momentswithmillie.wordpress.com/ Very worthy of these awards
3. http://myraysoflight.wordpress.com/ So very inspiring
4. http://living-simply-free.com/ A tremendous example
5. http://suedreamwalker.wordpress.com/ A very generous soul
6. http://soberidentity.com/ A true gem
Thanks once again for these awards!
I am treating myself to a virtual holiday splurge to celebrate a broken record of the fastest blog restorer 😉
Hence this idyllic photo…
I have to admit I have much less posts in painting than poetry & my next categories will take much longer because each post has much more than one photo but I am very grateful to have come this far.
I was so discouraged in the beginning I thought I’d never find the incentive but when http://irinadim.com/ told me she tried to see my paintings & couldn’t find them it gave me that oomph so needed to go on after my poetry category was finished.
I truly am grateful for every blogger’s feedback & support, it is the ONLY way I could muster the little energy I had to get going at first and go further after.
I hope you’ll get as much pleasure browsing through it as the satisfaction I had putting those photos back! It made me want to get back to my painting after a long absence due to intensive writing.
Enjoy it & let me know if you liked it.
Today is a new day and I woke up with the firm decision of not throwing in the towel! There is far too much energy invested in this blog to let it stay the way it is now.
I am lucky to have printed out my posts along the way… I’m going to pull out those files and work through each category one by one and try as much as possible to reinsert the photos. It’s going to be a lengthy process and hope you’ll be patient with me until I’ll finish the task and get back to my regular pace 🙂
I cannot thank all of you enough for the massive response of solidarity in my plight. I hadn’t expected it, we live in a generation where time is counted & goes too fast but you were all here trying to help with tips, ideas & information.
You have all my gratitude!
I still have a load to learn… the first thing is to get acquainted with reducing the photo size to save space, it sounds strange & complicated but I’ll get through this one too. Next, I have to eventually create a oawritingspoemspaintings2 as a blogger suggested. I posted too many videos apparently thus shortening my blog space.
A big thank you once again. I hope you’ll bear with me until this is over and done with 🙂
I feel very honored and grateful to have received this award. I know that some (I included ;)) feel they are a lengthy process but it is a pleasure to feel your blog is appreciated enough to have received it plus it is an opportunity to link bloggers with similar interests so, all in all my deepest thanks goes to… http://quarteracrelifestyle.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/the-sunshine-award/ for thinking my blog is worthy of this award.
So the rules of this award are the following:
1) Use the logo above in the post.
2) Link to whoever nominated you.
3) Write ten pieces of information about yourself.
4) Nominate ten fellow bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere.”
5) Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
So, ten pieces about myself! Wow that’s a hard one 🙂
1. My family comes first, my art second and my blog is what glues it all together
2. I enjoy working on a piece of writing. I’m as a rule very critical but quickly satisfied when the result seems much better than expected but have learned to let it rest a while so I can look at it with a different mindset in order to go on polishing it which is contrary to my impatient side.
3. I absolutely love painting but find days too short when busy with writing. I don’t like neglecting that side so I go on painting binges which I revel in, get transported in a beautiful dimension of colors and shapes and feel whole.
4. I wish there was enough time in my life to learn a musical instrument…
5. Taking a sculpture course or even develop it on my own.
6. Nature is where I recharge my batteries and take the opportunity to appreciate it all the more through the eye of a lens but would rather have gone professional with the equipment.
7. I love animals, don’t have the space to have their company & have not grown up with them to be totally comfortable in their presence.
8. Still dream of having a dolphin encounter in its natural habitat…
9. Possess & learn how to ride a horse.
10. Feel that families are the molds, where we can teach true values to generations which is our only hope for a serene, balanced & functional future world. If we are not happy with the way things are right now this is the first place to work on. It is worth all the time & energy invested 🙂
Here are the ten amazing bloggers which I have nominated…
1. http://poeticparfait.com/ for the kindness that transpires through her blog
2. http://naomibaltuck.wordpress.com/ for her dynamism & enthusiasm toward life
3. http://livingsimplyfree.wordpress.com/ for her courage & creativity
4. http://soberidentity.com/ for her tremendous inspiration & kindness
5. http://thekitchensgarden.com/about/ for bringing the farm world to us & keeping our dream alive
6. http://charlotteauchocolat.com/ for her deliciously natural & unusual olive oil exotic cake recipes
7. http://tornadoday.wordpress.com/ for her poems which are dripping jewels
8. http://ladybluerose.wordpress.com/ for her tremendous art in writing, for being a true inspiration, and a living example.
9. http://weedimageoftheday.com/ for photography that focuses on bringing out the beauty from the most unusual… weeds
10. http://suedreamwalker.wordpress.com/ for her amazing kindness, bringing us so much information on the environment and spiritual guest speakers.
I understand this is time consuming, would be honored if you’d accept this award but totally understand if you can’t manage it. As http://quarteracrelifestyle.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/the-sunshine-award/ said, pass it on to someone you look up to & admire for their qualities.
Once again, all my thanks for this nomination!
I had promised… but kept on being busy posting. I guess blogging is addictive 🙂
So, now I’ll try and keep from it until school starts again beginning September.
I’ll try my best to keep on liking your amazing posts but if I don’t, my apologies
to all my wonderful blogging world!
I’ll end this post with a song from Enya I found (in a different version) on http://ladybluerose.wordpress.com/2013/07/24/hope/
who is an huge poet and blogger, my thanks to all for faithfully following,
commenting and liking… and all my wishes for a terrific summer!