If you have followed my blog you know about my all-wholemeal-Spelt-sugar-free cakes. This is a recipe I found in a magazine which I have “translated” to my ingredients (a friends taught me flexibility when following new recipes) my family absolutely loved it and actually preferred it to the too sweet honey cake. It is so easy to do you only have to stir for 2 mn by hand.
Let me know 🙂
1. 3/4 cup Tea (boil half the amount add 1 tea bag,when water’s colored add the other half cold non-boiled)
2. 1. 1/2 cup rice syrup (honey or any natural sweetener)
3. 2 cups wholemeal Spelt flour (or any white flour you have)
4. 1 pinch of salt
5. 3/4 to 1 tbsp baking powder
6. 1 tsp ginger powder (I left it out once & it was fine)
7. 1/2 tsp cinnamon
8. 2 eggs (I put 1 egg once & it was perfect)
9. 1/4 cup of olive oil (nobody feels it but take the oil of your choice)
Put it all in a bowl, stir then pour in baking pan. If you want two cakes as I’ve done just double the recipe.
Bake in oven for 1 hr on 120 degrees Celsius (248 Fahrenheit) then, the last 15 mn on 150 degrees Celsius (302 Fahrenheit)
Enjoy the compliments you’ll get for not much effort 😉