I made today waffles so that I could take photos to post the recipe to all of you.
My machine is quite old so I had a bit of a sticky problem but with a good one it’s quick & easy, the recipe is all natural & the more you practice the faster it gets.
1. 2 1/2 cups 75% organic Spelt flour (or regular) 3 cup if you want it more consistent
2. 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (or anything you have at home) less would feel lighter
3. 1/2 cup rice syrup (or sugar if that’s what you use)
4. 1 pinch of salt
5. 1 egg (organic if possible)
6. 1 to 2 tsp. baking powder
7. 1/2 to 3/4 cup Spelt milk (water or regular milk) depending on the amount of flour you’ve chosen
Mix it in a small bowl by hand, spray the machine with oil then turn it on to preheat, pour the batter gently, close the lid & wait till the light goes green then, carefully ease it out & put on a plate.
I used sweet cooked apples to accompany it & poured rice syrup on the waffles but you must be familiar with all the other options out there as icing sugar, ice cream, strawberries & whipped cream… as usual I encourage you to create some of your own ideas it gives it a personal touch.
Here’s the very simple cooked sweet apples recipe.
1. 3 apples
2. 1 Tbsp. rice syrup
3. 1 tsp. oil
Boiled in a pan, then cook on a low fire for about 20 mn. serve warm with waffle.