I posted a while back a Monte carlo recipe this time it’s a Montecao which I wanted to share with you as the ingredients are more basic, fewer & easily found in every home.
It is a throw-in-one-bowl recipe & mix by hand… can’t get easier:)
I’ll give you the regular sugar version for those who use it.
And for those who prefer a less oily & crunchier recipe I will include an adaptation I created which became very popular here!
Enjoy & let me know!
1. 5 cups 80% organic Spelt flour (It’s the healthiest, light & off-white in color but you can use regular flour)
2. 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (there’s no olive taste after cooking or baking)
3. 1 cup rice syrup
1. Put all ingredients in bowl mix then shape
2. Sprinkle cinnamon powder on top
3. Slide in preheated oven on 150 degrees Celsius = 302 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 mn.
Ingredients for regular sugar recipe
1. 500 gr. = 88.1 oz. 80% organic Spelt flour
2. 25 cl. Olive oil
3. 200 gr.= 7 oz. Sugar
The method is the same.
Ingredients for raisin biscuit (adapted from above)
1. 4 cups 80% organic Spelt flour
2. 1 cup Oatmeal
3. 1/2 cup Olive oil
4. 1/2 cup hot water
5. 1 cup Rice syrup (you can change to sugar)
6. 1 handful of organic raisins
7. 1 tsp. Speculoos spices mix (or cinnamon if you can’t buy it in your area) Wikipedia Specifies “Spices used in speculoos are cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cardamom and white pepper”
1. Same as above
2. 20-25 mn. on preheated oven same temperature as above