Since I started to make two years ago my own clean & organic toothpaste I look on the regular one as soap which might seem weird to some but I imagine it is a matter of habit & this has become mine.
I’ve wanted to give you the recipe for quite a while but I had a lot left and no photos from the last batch.
It seems providence decided otherwise when the jar broke 😉 so here goes the recipe…
1. 6 Tbsp. (heaped) organic Arrowroot or rice flour (cheaper)
2. 5 tsp. Baking soda
3. 4 tsp. (flat) organic virgin Coconut oil or Shea butter if that’s what you have at home, it’s cheaper too (I quote Wikipedia “In some African countries such as Benin, Shea butter is used for cooking oil”)
4. 1/2 to 1 tsp. peppermint oil (I like it strongly flavored so I put 42 drops)
5. 6 Tbsp. Glycerin
1. Put all the ingredients in a small bowl, mix until smooth
2. Put in a clean glass or plastic container & label it with date (in my experience it never got bad)
Let me know if you try it I would love to know about it!